Libraries Without Walls is a non-profit organization serving libraries, museums and archives.
- We provide digitization solutions and services for the difficult-to-handle imaging challenges related to special collections, valuable, and rare books, important historic documents and fragile art prints.
- Our emphasis is on careful conservator-friendly handling, carefully circumscribed exposure of original works to minimal light and the smallest possible variance in humidity and environmental conditions, while capturing ultra-high resolution, full color digital image files for our partner / clients.
- When we are employed as a service-provider we specialize in digitizing rare and precious volumes, art works, and oversized materials. We would be pleased to work with individuals or institutions that have materials or collections meriting fastidious attention and requiring the highest-quality digital output for archival or research purposes.
- Since we are a non-profit corporation our emphasis is on conforming to international and local standards for color calibration, open file formats, archival storage techniques and flexible metadata. We work in partnership with other specialist organizations that are as committed to cultural heritage preservation and access as we are. As a competitive partner with national and international cultural heritage institutions we also adapt programmatic techniques wherever possible for guaranteeing consistency of output while providing (to the extent possible) highly automated capture, archiving and metadata ingest or conversion.
- Because we aim to provide the widest possible access to materials of historic or cultural importance, we collaborate with our client institutions to foster methods of providing public access to images we are privileged to capture for them.
- We can work out of our studios in California or London. More frequently, our staff works in situ with materials that do not easily travel.
- Please feel free to contact us about your requirements at: firstname.lastname@example.org.